To achieve USA Tobacco-Free in 33 begin requesting smoke-free taxis with tobacco-free drivers; and smoke-free hotels restaurants with employees that are tobacco-free; and airlines that have tobacco-free crews; drivers, housekeepers, maintenance, servers, flight attendants and pilots all track second-hand smoke
Seabourn Cruises was the last major holdout in the fight against smoking in cabins, but the cruise line recently announced a company-wide ban. Smoking is now regulated to smoking areas and some terraces. A spokesman for the company said that
Smoking bans are usually enforced by state and local officials. But what happens when a business falls outside the law’s jurisdiction? Foxwoods Resort Casino in Connecticut is owned by the Mashantucket Pequot tribe and local indoor smoking laws do not
In this article by Stephen Barth, he lays out a strong argument supporting a ban on smoking and having lighters in planes and airports. With the items that are confiscated at airport security, why are passengers allowed to bring lighters
Stephen was consulted for a piece by the NBC News on February 6, 2013, concerning recent crimes targeting travelers in Mexico, specifically the brutal rape of six Spanish females in Acapulco. Violent crime against tourists in Mexico is not common,
**Originally posted on February 9, 2013 by Los Angeles Times** MEXICO CITY — You might be hard-pressed to find the word “Mexico” in some of the advertising for tourist resorts in Mexico. Brands like “Riviera Maya” often eclipse the
Stephen was interviewed by Nik Rajkovic of Houston’s KTRH radio for a piece on restaurant tipping. Tipping is common in the U.S. and constitutes the bulk of pay for servers and bartenders. It is necessary? Is it useful? What is
Click HERE to read the full article.
Betina Pierson’s daughter was killed while walking beside a roadway in Indianapolis on Dec. 19, 2010. The driver was drunk and on his way home from a Colts football game. The horrible death has brought up a lawsuit and also
Stephen was recently asked to comment in an article in Hotel News Now covering the tragic deaths of three guests at a Best Western in Boone, North Carolina, which has brought to light the real danger of carbon monoxide poisoning in hotels.