Stephen Barth Emotional Intelligent Video
Stephen Barth, author of Hospitality Law and Intelligent Emotions, is an attorney, the founder of HospitalityLawyer.com®, The Hospitality Law Conference series, and the Global Congress on Travel Risk Management. He is also quoted frequently in national and international media including The New York Times, Washington Post, NPR, Town and Country, the ABA Journal et al.
HospitalityLawyer.com®’s mission is to create a worldwide network of attorneys that focus on hospitality, travel and tourism issues; to be a marketing conduit for suppliers of legal, safety and security solutions to reach hospitality developers and operators in need of those solutions; and to mitigate critical incidents, injuries, litigation and liability within the hospitality industry, in the U.S. and abroad by facilitating the creation, collection, and dissemination of legal, safety and security information, products and services.
Hospitality Law: Managing Legal Issues in the Hospitality Industry
Hospitality Law, features the latest updates and revisions with regard to changes in the law that ensure the most current information is presented for hospitality law students. The Fourth Edition includes information on relevant recent events and trends, such as the impact of recent economic collapse on hotel development, sections updated with increased international perspective, added information on data privacy, increased information on safety and security, and updates to legal case studies and decision-making legal scenarios.
Intelligent Emotions: On Self-Responsibility, Owning Our Emotional Power and Changing Our Reactions
In a succinct, entertaining, and insightful narrative, lawyer and motivational speaker Stephen Barth, through stories and personal accounts of trial and error, helps you on your journey to achieve emotional intelligence and bring peace, contentment and greater productivity into your life. By owning our emotional power, accepting responsibility for our feelings and making the shift from negative reactions to positive responses, Stephen demonstrates a simple path to attain emotional success.
HOSPITALITY LAW INDUSTRY
In addition to writing books, he has also launched the Electronic Journal of Hospitality Legal, Safety and Security Research, as well as written many articles on legal and leadership issues that appear regularly in Lodging Hospitality, CHEERS Magazine, Hotel/Motel Management and HospitalityLawyer.com®.
Stephen also covers a broad range of issues for a variety of hospitality and management companies, including:
- Hotels: Four Seasons, Hyatt, Hilton, Choice, Best Western, Intercontinental and Wyndham Worldwide
- Associations: National Restaurant Association, The American Hotel & Lodging Association, The Club Managers Association, The National Association for Catering Executives, National Business Travel Association, The Texas Hotel and Lodging Association and CHEERS.
Global Alliance of Travel + Tourism + Hospitality Attorneys
Converging Attorneys That Represent & Support The Travel + Tourism + Hospitality Industries.
University of Houston
As a professor at the Conrad N. Hilton College, University of Houston, he teaches courses in hospitality law and leadership. In addition to legal and risk management insight, Stephen specializes in communicating the importance of Emotional Intelligence in leadership roles; and has provided valuable insight to many companies.
CREDENTIALS & KUDOS
On top of all these accomplishments, Stephen is most proud of the many honors he has received through out his teaching career because they recognize “what he loves to do.” Some of these honors include:
- University of Houston Career Teaching Excellence Award (2018)
- HospitalityLawyer.com® Twitter Feed included in Top Hospitality Leaders to Follow on Twitter, Capterra Hotel Management Blog, (2016)
- 2014 Groundbreakers, Connectyourmeetings.com, (2014)
- “HVS” Research Award, Conrad N. Hilton College, University of Houston, (2009)
- Hilton College Outstanding Teacher Award (2007)
- University of Houston’s Distance Education Award (2000)
- University of Houston’s Teaching Excellence Award – the college’s highest honor for teaching (1998)
- Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence at the University of Houston’s Conrad N. Hilton College (1996)
- City of Houston recognition for accomplishments as a University of Houston faculty member (1995)